Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emotions

This is going to be much harder than I thought.  You see, tomorrow I will leave my baby boy behind and head off to work.  If there were any way to get out of it, I probably would.  It's not that I am not thankful that I have a great job to go back to or for the 8 weeks that I have had at home with Silas.  I am really grateful for those things.  I know many people are without work right now and many people are not given much maternity leave time. It's just that I have enjoyed this 8 weeks so much.  It has been such a special time.  I know that there will be many more special times for us in the future, but he will never be this small again and I feel like I will be missing out on a lot of things.

I remember back to the first night after Silas was born.  The nurse had to take him out of our room so that he could sleep under the warmer. I cried at the realization that we were being separated for the first time in his existence.  Now we are going to be separate for 9-10 hours a day.  :(  I can't even imagine what it will be like to send him off to college!  Hopefully he will want to go to K-State and we won't really have to deal with that. :)

Lucky for us, Eric is going to be able to take off work and be with Silas until August 1st which is when our daycare opens.  I think that will be a nice transition for us and I'm really glad that Eric will get some more one-on-one time with our little sweetheart.

So I will just be a big girl and try to make it through this.  After all, so many working moms have already survived.  I'm sure with a little prayer, I too will be ok.  

Silas, I pray that God will hold you tightly in His arms when I am not there to do so (and even when I am).  I pray that I will never take for granted the time that I have with you.  I pray that you will always know how much I love you.    

3 comments:

The Dunlap Fam said...

I will be saying prayers for all of you! My heart goes out to you, as I know how hard it is to make this transition. Good luck tomorrow! Love, Erin

Carol said...

Allie,

I too am saying prayers for you & Silas. I know how hard this is for you & I wish I lived closer so I could help out more. God will be watching over your little sweetheart always & Silas will do plenty of cute things that you will get to see when you are with him! I'm glad Eric gets to watch him to help you with this transistion. You are a super mommy already!

Jinny said...

I hope everything went well for you...(or as well as can be expected)! Enjoy your weekend with your babe!